Monday, August 25, 2008

happy anniversary!

Yesterday was our 2nd wedding anniversary! Since we already celebrated with a romantic night out in Las Vegas, we didn't do a lot on our actual anniversary, but we did enjoy spending some extra time together last weekend.

Random wedding fact: We never cut or ate our wedding cake. We took pictures before the reception pretending to cut the cake, but we never cut it because we ran out of time. We didn't even get to eat the top of our cake for our 1st anniversary because the cake was in our freezer during the byu-maintenance-unplugged-the-fridge-while-we-were-out-of-town disaster. So in the end we paid a bunch for an amazing chocolate raspberry, key lime, and white chocolate strawberry cake (each tier was a different flavor) that was never actually eaten by anyone. Oh well, it looked pretty and that is all that matters, right?

4 comments:

Bethany said...

yes, but SAD!!! i think the key lime would have been my favorite. you probably need to send this story to the maintenance office. ;)

Katie said...

Happy anniversary Kristy! That is so sad about the cake. Our cake was beautiful but disgusting, so I hear you about cake disasters. Why do we think we even need a cake at a wedding? If I were to do it over, I'd omit that portion of the night, so you're totally good.

Melissa Tiek said...

Is that why you didn't cut the cake? I thought it was something else entirely...:) My mistake. But Happy Anniversary!

D-lyn said...

I know my hubby fed me cake and I smeared cake on him but I don't think I ate any of it other than that. Our cake top did go into my parents freezer but I can't even remember if it ever got eaten our first anniversary. We were too busy goo goo eyed over our new baby just weeks old to care about it though.

:)