Tuesday, August 12, 2008

happy birthday!

My birthday was last Monday, and we have just barely finished all of our celebrations! The festivities included:

A party with friends including yummy artichoke dip, red velvet cake, and a HD movie projected on our living room wall.

A romantic dinner with Mike at Ottavio's that included sparkling cider, pesto gnocchi, and a delicious chocolate cannoli. We haven't found anything at Ottavio's that we don't love and the atmosphere can't be beat - if you haven't been you are definitely missing out. We followed dinner with the movie 21 - which seemed appropriate since it was my 21st birthday. If only I knew how to count cards...


A delicious dinner with my parents at Z'tejas that included chips with salsa and queso, and an amazing steak burrito.

A birthday lunch at work that ended with a wonderful and very rich chocolate cake from Costco.

And finally, a shopping spree in the Nordstrom's shoe department that yielded a great pair of brown slingbacks and a pair of classic black pumps.

All-in-all it was an amazing birthday and I am so grateful to everyone who sent cards/emails wishing me a happy birthday.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh yay! I am so glad that you got your new brown shoes at last. Can't wait to see them.

lisa said...

wow, that blew my last birthday out of the park for sure! glad to see you're still in the celebrating years instead of just buying a necessity for the house and 'making it count'... how lame am i?? good job living it up!