Wednesday, March 11, 2009

thoughts

- physical therapists are a weird breed of people that enjoy torturing the innocent

- getting a second opinion on medical treatments may take more time, but it is worth it

- the saws they use to cut off casts CAN cut you, and can cut you deep enough to leave scars

- professors that over-simplify their lectures actually make it harder to understand the material

- eating a lot of chocolate doesn't make the pain in my arm go away nor does it reduce the amount of homework I have

- technology is great when it works, and is the spawn of the devil when it doesn't (my hard drive crashed so I get to try and recreate/find/live without everything that was on there)

- a mandatory lecture on Friday afternoon ruins an otherwise perfectly clear weekend

- the thought of summer and relaxing makes everything seem so much more bearable

5 comments:

Katie said...

Did they for real cut your arm? I always thought that was really scary to watch them cut off the cast.. but to actually catch your arm? Yikes. The joys of jumping through hoops just to get a degree, kind of a joke at times huh?

Melinda Ford said...

I can almost totally relate to this post (other than the medical related stuff, and the hard drive crash). Ok, so I can only relate to the school stuff. I'm glad you're doing so well. :)

Melissa Tiek said...

I totally agree. The thought of summer being near makes everything much more bearable.

lisa said...

Very wise my little sis... I've especially noticed that chocolate also does not make children stop whining. Or even just stop their crusty little noses from running. You really should bring that whole arm thing up with your doctor, you shouldn't have to pay to be mutilated.

Kathleen said...

chocolate fixes everything I thought, but the arm thing is stupid on the nurses part.