Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rescuing Sprite

Ok, so I have decided that in order to keep me reading things besides accounting text books I will start posting reviews of the books I read. I am hoping to do 1 or 2 a month. This month I am going to review Rescuing Sprite by Mark Levin. Rescuing Sprite is a sweet story about the Levin family's experience with Sprite, a dog with an abusive past that they adopted from a shelter. Having experienced the joys of having a dog and the companionship that it provides, I found this book to be especially touching. Mr. Levin does a wonderful job of capturing the happiness that pets can provide, along with the sorrow that comes from seeing their health fade. I would highly recommend this book to anyone, even if you aren't a dog-person. It is an easy and quick read, and well worth the time.

No comments: